Fish ball is also commonly made in Sierra Leone for parties. If you are looking for a delicious healthy snack containing fish then have a go at this menu.
2lbs raw fish
Salt & Pepper to taste
Oil for frying
1/2pt cold water
- Scale & clean raw fish well cutting fins * tail & wash well with lime juice.
- Put pot on stove with 1/2pt cold water.
Cut fish into equal parts & put in pot to steam for about 15 mins according to size of fish.
Remove and bone the fish well. Put aside.
- Wash potatoes and cut into even sizes and boil till soft.
- Remove the skin of potatoes and crush well.
- Crush the steamed fish and mix well with the potatoes.
- Break eggs, and add to the mixture, add salt & pepper.
- Wash your hand well to taste and kneed mixture till smooth.
- Cut into even sizes and form into round balls spreading flour on pastry board or any smooth board.
- Put oil in frying pan over a moderate fire. Fry turning balls over till golden brown.
- Remove & drain surplus oil. Garnish with parsley.
- Serve hot or cold with fried chips.
Note: You can make fish balls with cod, pollock and salmon.
Serves: 8 people