Groundnuts is also called peanuts. Groundnut cake is a snack that is basically made from caramelized sugar and peanut.
Peanuts are a good source of protein. The protein content ranges from 22-30% of calories, making peanuts a rich plant-based protein source.
2lb roasted groundnuts
1lb sugar (granulated)
2 tsp lemon juice
Ginger (to taste)
- Melt sugar in the water and boil until light brown
- With a rolling pin, break groundnuts into sizable fragments (see photo).
- Add the lemon juice and the groundnuts. Mixing very well.
- Turn mixture into a greased pastry board. Roll out and cut into even pieces, dipping hand in cold water.
- Serve & store in air tight tin.